Sweet Dry Fruits Rice Pulao How to Prepare

  This pulav dish from Kashmir is rich in ingredients but mild in taste. It is not at all spicy and it is even somewhat sweet to taste. It goes well with spicy chicken or mutton dishes like mutton rogan josh or Chicken Dhanival Kurma. It contains dry fruits like almonds, cashews, sultanas and walnuts. And like all Kashmiri cuisine, Saffron is an integral part of this recipe. So, I start with my favorite Kashmiri Pulao with dry fruit – enriched with dried nuts, milk and strong spice flavors, and added with the sweetness of dry fruit makes this pulao very different from any other rice preparation. I first tasted this dish at a hotel in Banglore. I didn’t like it at all. It felt like I was having a dessert. Since that time I strictly avoided this dish whenever I was dining out. The taste is so but the flavour is so tempted to me... So I serche it in net.. And then I tried this recipe.. ok good taste.. One day I want to my friends house,  I asked here  share to a Kashmir Sweet Pulav recipe.. Actually she is a north idian girl so I asked here so different style recipes..  So here is the recipe which I learnt from my friend that day. I really don’t know whether this variant is authentic Kashmiri cuisine.  So, I start with my favorite Kashmiri Pulao with enriched  dried nuts, and strong spice flavors, and added with the sweetness of pomegranate makes this pulao very different from any other rice preparation. This is highly and rich recipe it is so tasty so juice and sweet recipe..... So lets see the process to make this Sweet Pulav....... 

Ingredients :-


  • Basmati Rice 1 cup
  • Butter 1/2 cup
  • Onion 1 
  • Ghee 10 tsp
  • Pepper powder 1 tsp
  • Cumin seeds powder 1 tsp 
  • Saffron 3 pinches  
  • Garlic cloves  3
  • Water 2 cups
  • Salt to taste 
  • Badam 8
  • Cashew nuts 8
  • Raisins 10
  • Dry Apricot 8 
  • Pista 8
  • Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
Method :-


  1. First take a bowl add basmati rice soak it for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes drain  the water put it a side for 30 minutes.
  2. Now take a bowl add 2 cups  of water and salt to boil it for 15 minutes..  
  3. Next take a wok add ghee 7 spoons,  when ghee is metaled then add finely chopped onions to fry. Fry it lite brown color, then add drain rice and mix it for few more seconds.
  4. And then add boiled water and mix it well, then  put in medium flame cook it for.
  5. Next take a wok add ghee to heated,  then add cumin seeds,  garlic pieces, cinnamon powder, pepper powder, fry it all for.
  6. When rice boiled then move it to the mixture and mix it well for, 2 minutes.. It cames good aroma...
  7. Take a pan add ghee, when ghee is heated then add almonds, cashew nuts, pista, raisins, apricot pieces  to fry it for gold color. 
  8. Now add  boiled  rice and mix it well, and also add saffron milk mix it for, and then cook it for 2 minutes.. And then move it to a bowl  add mint leaves and sever it hot..........
Yummy and tasty Sweet Dry Fruits Rice is ready to bite. Its good to eat in dinner time are any occasions, birthday party, get to gather parties.... So friends try this recipe in your home and then send to me a feed back to me.........

0 comments:

Post a Comment