Rajasthani Dal Dhokli Recipe How to Cook

           Hi friends good afternoon to all, today one tasty and delicious recipe Rajastani / Gujarati dish Dal Dhokli.... Chilly temperatures always call for especially delicious treats and comfort foods. I decided to treat us to some hearty Dal Dhokli. Now Dal Dhokli is basically a Gujarati dish, though I believe that there are some Rajasthani versions of it too. My  dad was went to Rajastani for office tour.. He will stay here co officer's house for 4 days... One day my dad co officer prepare this recipe in home for dinner time, for my dad.. He eats this recipe wit roti, my dad loved it so much then he asked the recipe details and then he note in here book... What recipe you know Dal Dhokli recipe :)... When my dad return to my home town... He will told to me the recipe details to me... I really impressed... Then I asked my dad please try that recipe in home!!!!! my dad sed ok... I really happy.... Then my dad told to me the ingredients to me, and then prepared in your home first time... Actually my dad also great cook I love so many recipe my dad cooking recipes.. My dad prepared Pachi pulusu, egg omlate, dal curry, roti... really I love it so much..... I help to my dad for this taste recipe and also am learning, how to he prepare's.... Wow the taste is so great and delicious... Taste is mouth watering to me guys......... So friends I share my dad & me special recipe here....... So try this and share this........ Lets see the process to make the curry.......

Ingredients :-


  • Wheat flour 1 cup
  • Ground nuts 1/4 cup
  • Tamarind pure 1/2 cup
  • Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
  • Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
  • Yellow Lentil 1 cup
  • Coriander powder 1 tsp
  • Red chili powder 2 tsp
  • Cinnamon stick small pieces 4
  • Cardamoms 4
  • Cloves 4
  • Ghee 4 tbsp
  • Oil 3 tbsp
  • Salt to taste 
  • Coriander leafs & curry leafs
Rajasthani Dal Dhokli Recipe How to make
Preparation :-


  1. First take cooker add yellow lentils, water and then cook it for 3 to 4 vissels... When the dal is cooked then open the lid and mash it... 
  2. Take a bowl add wheat flour, salt to taste, ghee 2 tbsp mix it well... Then add water again mix it soft dough and then keep a side for...
  3. Now take a wok add oil & ghee to heat, when oil is heated then add cinnamon sticks, cardamoms, cloves fry. 
  4. Then add ground nuts, ginger garlic paste, curry leafs and then fry it for lite... And then add turmeric powder, coriander powder, boiled dal and then mix it well...
  5. And now add 2 cups of water, tamarind puree, red chili powder, salt to taste and then mix it well for boiling....
  6. Now take dough, make small balls and then press it like chapati, and cut it small diamond or square shape (as you like cut)... 
  7. When the mixture is boiled then add this dough pieces and mix it lite, and then put the lid and boil it for 10 minutes in low flame......
  8. After 10 minutes open the lid once mix it, then add chopped coriander leafs and then mix it... Now take a serving bowl move it to the bowl and then add some chopped coriander leafs and then serve it......
Now the taste and delicious mouth watering Gujarati / Rajastani recipe Dal Dhokli is ready to eat.......... You know this one of my favorite dish....... Why means this recipe I learn to my dad.... I love u dad........ Thanks for the taste recipe........ So friends try this dish in your home and then send to me a small feed back to me...... Your's Neha.............. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment