Kakarakaya Vellulli Karam (Bitter Gourd) Recipe

    Hi friends, today one interesting and different recipe.. Kakarakaya Vellulli Karam (Bitter gourd Garlic red chili powder) fry recipe.. This for side dish to eat with rice, pappu (tur dal) pappu pulusu, rasam.. Its great combination to eat this kakarakaya vellulli karam.. In Andhra and Telangana people we eat regularly in your vegges recipes.. My amma prepare this recipe regularly. I love to eat this recipe... My amma prepare this bitter gourd like fry, pulusu, stuffed etc.., I remember days when my amma buys kakarakaya, I make a big fuss at meal time. ( I have a sweet tooth and mainly Guntur and Krishna dist are famous of adding jaggery in certain dishes). The hot and mild sweetness of the dish just complements each other and a tasteful treat to our appetite. But in Nellore side we are not use sugar are jaggary.. In fry, we use only for pulusu.. I will that recipe also.. But know the recipe is fry.. This totally dry item recipe..  When told it was kakarakaya vepudu, I asked for a second helping.Then I had this stuffed kakarakaya made by my mom , as I am getting it into my mouth, I am praying please don’t be bitter and with the first bite my eyes opened just wide, yesss….it’s not bitter infact it was delicious, then my appetite increased and I ate one after another. Wonderful thing about this dish is…it looks like very dry fry..but because of the stuffing you can eat the whole rice with 3 of these. I love to eat this recipe.. Actually we prepare it 2 to 3 type fry recipes today I will share to you Vellulli karam (Garlic cloves red chili powder) stuffed to the kakarakaya... So carefully to cook this kakarakaya... So lets see the process to prepare fry...

Ingredients :-

  • Bitter Gourd 250 grams
  • Tamarind puree 1/2 cup
  • Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
  • Garlic cloves 10
  • Red chili powder 4 tbsp
  • Salt to taste 
  • Cumin seeds 1 tsp
  • Oil 15 tbsp
Kakarakaya Vellulli Karam (Bitter Gourd) Recipe
Preparation :-

  1. First take a jar add red chili powder, garlic cloves, salt and grind it smooth powder.
  2. Next take kakarakaya (bitter gourd) cut it into small pieces (If you take small size bitter gourd don't cut small pieces just cut side only for stuffed the karam. Are you take big size cut it into 2 pieces and then cut it for side for stuffed).
  3. Next take a cooking bowl add kakarakaya pieces, turmeric powder, tamarind juice, salt and boil it for. (Boil it for the water will evaporate) boil it in medium flame only..
  4. Then take a wok add oil 10 tbsp to heat, when oil is heated then add boiled kakarakaya pieces to fry it for brown color.. (Fry it in medium flame only).
  5. When  kakarakaya is fried  then move it a side... Then cool it for 5 minutes.
  6. Next take kakarakaya pieces and stuffed garlic and red chili mixture into it and stuff it.. Same to do all  kakarakaya..
  7. Next take same wok take add oil to heat it again, then add stuffed kakarakaya pieces and fry it for 1 minute and then add curry leafs also and fry it then move it to a bowl and serve it.......
Now the taste and delicious spicy dish Kakarakaya karam fry is ready to eat... Its so good taste.. You will eat this recipe with steam rice and ghee to eat this wow soooooo... What should  I told friends try this and taste this :-).....  

0 comments:

Post a Comment