Gavvalu Hot and Sweet Snack Andhra Recipe How to Make

      Hi friends, today one Andhra snack recipe Sweet and hot item Gavavalu in telugu / Shell in english... Gavvalu is a famous snack item from Andhra. This a desi recipe, my grand mother (my amma mother) prepare this very regularly for.. My amma and my grand mother prepare this snack item for store for me and my family :)... I love so much this simple and easy to prepare this snack item.. So may sweet memories to me, my amma prepare this gavvalu I eat this very secretly in my home, you know guys in my childhood I will stolen this gavvalu in my home my amma don't know this guys..... it's top secret shhhhh!!!! :).. Its really golden days.. My amma send to these snacks to me for lunch box also I love u amma.... she is very care... But time will be taken to prepare this gavva (shell) shape... Actually in your Andhra gavvalu board have, a small board with zig zag surface to give that shape to the Gavvalu. I ended up with two easy alternatives which are - a mat or a comb! I tried with both, but for giving a nice shape, I felt the comb better than fork. These days, I am maintaining a separate comb in the kitchen exclusively for Gavvalu preparation! These sweet shells goes well with a cup of hot tea or coffee. Or simply you can eat them anytime (like me??) :) Be cautious a bit while eating Gavvalu..coz you can't stop munching them!! Seriously addictive, it is very hard to stop with just a few!. :) Today I will share two sweet and hot gavvalu.... So lets see the process.......:)

karam gavvalu andhra recipe how to prepare
 Ingredients :-

  • Maida flour (cake flour) 1 cup
  • Salt 1/6 tsp
  • Cooking soda 1/8 tsp
  • Sugar 1/2 cup
  • Oil for deep fry
  • Salt just sprinkle for use
  • Red chilli sprinkle for use
Preparation :-

  1. First take plate add flour, salt, cooking soda, oil 4 tbsp and mix it well.. Then use water and then make soft dough..... And then put it rest for 30 minutes........
    karam gavvalu andhra recipe
  2. After 30 minutes take the dough and then make small little balls, and now take cleaned or new comb... And then take ball and then press it like this shape....
    karam gavvalu recipe
  3.  Second method take cleaned mat press it your hand like shell shape (but first method is perfect to shape) so you like to prepare this...... Shape all shells (gavvalu) and put it a side.......
    sweet gavvalu andhra recipe
  4. Now take a wok add oil to heat, when oil is heated then drop each gavva (shell) into oil fry it for golden color in medium flame......
    sweet gavvalu recipe how to make
  5. Now take a bowl add sugar 1/4 glass water and boil it thick sugar syrup to boil.... When sugar is totally melt it will be thick....
    Gavvalu Hot and Sweet Snack  Andhra Recipe How to Prepare
  6. Then add gavvalu (shells) and then mix it well for..... sugar syrup will be catch to gavvalu (shells)...... Like this.....
    Gavvalu Hot and Sweet Snack Andhra Recipe How to Cook 
  7. Second type hot item.... Same process fry it in oil then move it to a plate then sprinkle salt, and red chilli powder also sprinkle(you must sprinkle both gavvalu is must to be hot..... that only catch salt and red chilli powder)..... like this...
    Gavvalu Hot and Sweet Snack
Now my favorite snack item is ready to eat...... Sweet is for me and hot is for my husband.. He like hot, but I like sweet so I prepare this for me and my husband.. It will completed in my home with in 2 day only guys..... ha ha ha.. You can store this in almost a month guys... So friends try this snack in your home and then send to me a small feed back to me....... Iam waiting for your valuable comments to me guyssssss.......... Love u all have great day yours Neha Satish.......... 
Gavvalu Hot and Sweet Snack

0 comments:

Post a Comment